Friday, July 21, 2006

Last minute preparations

Why is it that when you're getting ready to go on vacation - or in this case to a Conference - that everyone and their brother has something that "must be done before you leave."

It's not as though my OWN last-minute preparations aren't taking up about 70% of my brain...

I still have to pick up my suit from the dry cleaners, do laundry, maybe get my nails done and get a pedicure, make sure someone is coming in to take care of the cats, buy new eyeliner, pack, make sure I have hose with no runs, etc. I mean, come on! A person can only do so much in the time alloted to them, right?

That's why I'm taking the Monday before I leave off. I'm NOT going to worry about work and won't even call the office on Monday - I swear. I'm going to get all my last-minute running around done so I can be relaxed and enjoy the flight to Atlanta...so I can be in a cheerful frame of mind when I step off the plane into the high-energy atmosphere of National Conference...so I can maintain that cheer and relaxation through the tiring days to come...well, one can hope!

Actually, I am really looking forward to National Conference - some of my favorite authors have new books out and I also look forward to finding some new favorites. I want to stop by and at least say hello to a few people, even if I've already purchased their latest book before conference.

In any event, it's going to be a fun ride!

I'm going to try to blog from the conference - will all depend on the connection in the hotel room - I'm at the Hilton, not the Marriott - so we'll see.

4 days and counting...

No comments: