Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ARRGH...HERE THERE BE PIRATES

No, I’m not talking about Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, or Jack Davenport. I’m talking about PIRATES.

Scourge of the earth…or in this case, scourge to published authors everywhere.

It has come to my attention that there are websites out there where people have downloaded entire books and they’re actually linking other people to these books.

UMMM…HELLO…THAT IS FREAKING ILLEGAL. YOU ARE THEIVES, YOU ARE STEALING, YOU SHOULD BE SUED, ARRESTED, AND PROSCUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.

You are violating copyright laws – not just within the US, but Internationally.

STOP IT. STOP IT NOW.

If you have ever gone to one of these websites and downloaded one of these books, YOU ARE ALSO BREAKING THE LAW.

Even if you buy an e-book and forward that to someone else, YOU ARE BREAKING COPYRIGHT LAW.

Be aware people, you are stealing from the authors, the publishers, the editors, and everyone else associated with the publishing industry.

STOP IT, STOP IT NOW.

Do not visit these sites, do not partake in their thievery, and when you come across these people, TELL THEM THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

???
"It has come to my attention..."
and
"stop it. stop it now."

You're SLIGHTLY self-centered, eh? Yeah, you're gonna save the world. Blog it and command it and make it stop?

Hey, I landed on this entry first but took the time to read through your various posts before commenting.

...so, IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION that you have a book addiction, eh?
Stop it, stop it now.
See there, FIXED.
Boom, just like that.
Just that quick.

Life issues usually aren't black-n-white, are they? I hear ya, bellowing from the standpoint of author (congrats on the wallflower award), but I can't wholly agree with your position regarding eSnips & couldn't refrain from posting to criticize and laugh at your pontification.

Um, about your book problem (the one you USED TO HAVE, until a minute ago when I commanded it away for ya)... you should have been reading, reading, and REreading the Holy Bible. From the blogs posts, it sounds like you and l'il "Miss Stephanie Chiggers-me-timbers" are more than a 'writing team', so
Stop it, stop it now.

Howzabout I blog about your "unholy lesbian union"?

The 'object lesson' here, my dear lickable (?) Chia, is that although I strongly suspect that you're a lesbian... that's soley based on the LIMITED inferential experience of having read your blog entries. Is mine a 'fair' (sensible / logical / accurate) assumption? Well, it's as equally 'fair' as your proffered harsh criticism of the esnips site, its users, and the nature of the content shared via the site.

If you take another look at esnips, more than just a casual look... I trust you will realize that MOST of the material represents original content which has been self-submitted by 'undiscovered' musicians, photographers, singers, and writers (Yay! Go ChiaTeam!).

Yep, some contriband is present also (sigh). You'll have that, er, we're already subject to that -- in every other internet avenue available (usenet / ftp / private sites / email attachments / etc).

In closing, (this is a drive-by, I will never read any reply you care to offer) I'm not a religious fanatic. The 'oughta go read the bible' thing was just a point of rhetoric. Also, I would not offended by (affected, yes, but not offended) the curious nature of your 'partnership' with Miss Chiggers-up-my-drawers. (Ha! I trust that you *are* laughing while reading this.) However, to my ear, 'Cai' kinda sounds like an ethnic name. Asian? So, if you're in the habit of eating dog meat:
Stop it. Stop it now.

Stephanie said...

This response is from Stephanie:

Bwahahahahaha! This is so cute! I'm kinda disappointed that someone so brave as to express their considered opinions anonymously is too scared to even come back by. ahahahahahaha!

Yeah, this made me laugh pretty hard. I love the lesbian slam. I am a lesbian but Cai is not so there ya are!

And it's contraband not contriband.

And I did also just adore the racial slur at the end. It helps me see the quality of this poster.

Of course, I will have to assume that this poster (obviously an esnipper) is one of the ones who got closed down.

And I will continue watching and reporting esnip sites that pirate copyrighted material.