2. Mardi Ballou
3. Kayla Perrin
4. Toni Blake
5. Christine Merrill
6. Jennifer Greene
7. Denny S. Bryce
8. Carolyn Jewel
9. Rochelle Alers
10. Shari Anton
11. Liz Carlyle
12. Gail Dayton
13. Sharon Sala
14. Melissa Schroeder
15. Cindy Dees
16. Jane Graves
17. Karen White
18. Donna MacMeans
19. Karen Hawkins
20. Kathleen O'Reilly
The above represents a random (thanks to The Randomizer) sampling of the over 500 authors who will be signing at the RWA 2008 Conference July 30th from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. It's at the San Francisco Marriot located at 55 Fourth Street. It's THE place to be for book lovers. And it's for a good cause! The publishers donate the books, the authors donate their time, and RWA gives all the proceeds to ProLiteracy Worldwide.
To see the whole list, go here.
So that's a whole lotta books and even more people, chere! Whatcha gonna do? Are you going to be waiting in line with a plan or are you gonna be overwhelmed and miss out on your favorite writers?
Say it with me now. Ya gotta have a plan. And if you have a friend along, do it as a team!
- Print the list of authors.
- Or, if you are green-conscious, drop the list into Excel and start sorting...
- Circle who you want to see.
- Or highlight. If you are really Virgo coughanalcough about it, you can color-coordinate your authors and make all the erotica in pink and the paranormal in orange etc
- Make a short list.
- You know how to make a short list, don't ya? You just put your lips together and ... well you know.
- (hugely popular like Nora and Suzanne and Teresa equal lines out the door)
- Divide and Conquer!
- Split the list and split up if you have a partner in crime...you can each buy what the other wants
- Kiss your feet goodbye.
- No really. Do not wear the cute-but-painful shoes to this. Go for comfort!
- See above regarding your wallet
- Sorry! I have no helpful hints about this one. But hey! It is for charity, right?
- Try at least three authors
- You don't know because they may be next year's darlings!
- Say hello to the person in front of you or behind you in line as you wait to check out with your treasures
- You're going to be standing with them for quite some time (no matter how fast the VOLUNTEERS on those 10-keys are, it still takes a little time!).
- Take your camera
- You never know what interesting things you'll see at the booksigning - remember Sherry Kenyon's "black swan hat?"
So who's on your "gotta see" list for this year's Literacy signing? And remember, this is open to the public, so let folks know!